Update from the Field
| ||Tue Jan 9, 2007|
Exploration Begins on Rainy River Properties
Publisher: Don Myers: Corporate Communications
Author: Don Huston: President
| ||Bayfield Ventures has now mobilized a linecutting crew onto its properties in the Rainy River gold camp of northwestern Ontario.|
Click Here for Rainy River Property Claims Map
The company will establish two linecut grids of approx. 80 line kilometres.
Bayfield will follow up the grid establishment with an electro-magnetic survey (EM Horizontal Loop) and a total field /vertical gradient magnetic survey.
Claim Block "A"
1. The property is underlain by lithologies and structures known to host gold on nearby properties of Rainy River Resources (TSX.V: RR) new gold discovery.
2. Very limited mineral exposure in the Rainy River area has meant that much of the previous exploration has been by overburden drilling, and this has only been of a reconnaissance nature.
3. Data from overburden drilling assessment files by Nuinsco in the 1990's has now been complied and digitized by Bayfield Ventures.
4. Of major significance to Bayfield is a till site near the northern boundary of the property that contains over 600 gold grains. This is one of the highest gold grain counts from the entire survey area of Nuinsco / Rainy River Resources.
5. The data suggests a possible bedrock source or sources on the Bayfield property.
6. A government airborne electromagnetic survey over the area identified a weak conductive trend across the Claim Block "A" property. This trend may be due to conductive overburden; however responses from gold rich volcanogenic sulphide deposits are a type of a weak geophysical signature.
7. The Company proposes a detailed overburden drill program at this time to further enhance the previous gold grain counts. (Only 11 overburden drill holes have been drilled to date)
Claim Block "B"
1. Previous work on the property consisted of ground magnetic and Induced Polarization (IP) surveys. The IP Survey returned moderate to strong response in the immediate vicinity of several moderate to strong airborne electromagnetic responses. The targets on this property have strong potential to host gold and copper-nickel mineralization.
2. Because this ground is patented land, there are no other records of work preformed on the ground.
3. Owners have indicated that 2 diamond drill holes may have been drilled on the property in the 1970's.
4. No records of any drilling activity were preserved by the owner or the Provincial assessment files.
5. Establishment of a grid, with follow--up geophysics will assist in determining conductive zones that may represent structures or sulfides in bedrock.
6. All data will be reviewed and diamond drilling will test any settings with potential structures or bedrock sulfides.
7. The Company intends to diamond drill the "B" Claim Block this winter.
Bayfield Ventures Corp.
You can view the Previous Update from the Field item: Tue Aug 21, 2007, Bayfield Reports No Exposure to non-performing Asset-Backed Commercial Paper
You can view the Next Update from the Field item: Bayfield Rainy River Drilling Update, NW Ontario
You can return to the main Update from the Field page, or press the Back button on your browser.